For an explanation of photos, position mouse over photo.
Shear Madness (SM) is a 56 foot Oyster yacht designed by Rob Humphries and Manufactured in Ispwich England by Oyster Marine.
Shear Madness has sailed across the Atlantic Ocean, through the Panama Canal, and across the Pacific. Bradley and Kathy took delivery of her in New Zealand and she has been sailing in New Zealand and Australia, especially in the Great Barrier Reef area, since March, 2000. Here are some of her vital statistics:
· SM is Cutter Rigged with both a Yankee and Staysail on Reckman Roller furling gear.
· The carbon fiber mast is 82 feet above the water and has a full battened main
· SM draws 2.5 meters with a beam of 4.95 meters.
· SM carries 1 Primary Anchor on 100 M of Chain, and two secondary Anchors.
· Guests enjoy the forward cabin, which has a queen bed and shares a head with the boat Master.
· SM has a complete suite of Navigation gear, including multiple GPS’s, and computer Charting system.
· SM also has VHF, Handheld VHF, Single Side Band radio and a Satellite phone for emergency communication.
· SM has 12 life vests, an emergency life raft for 8 and a 406 EPIRB.
· We are capable of producing 200 Liters (50 gallons) of water per hour.
· Normally there is more than enough hot water for showers at the end of each day. (Many people find it better to take their showers at the end of the day on yachts, rather then each morning.)
· The toilets are fresh water automatic vacuflush, (no pumping required.)
· Our dinghy is named Insanity and can easily carry 6 people and equipment.
· SM has a Master on board who helps with sailing, maintenance, preparation of meals, and general clean up.
If you are interested in visiting Shear Madness, please contact us.